TIPS FOR YOUR LED LIGHTING IN THE DINING ROOM
The dining room is the place where you comfortably dine with your family and entertain your friends. The lighting in the room is a decisive factor so that your guests feel comfortable. With innovative lights you can create an atmospheric atmosphere at any time. And the next electricity bill is sure to suit your taste thanks to the economical LEDs.
The following elements are important for a well thought-out lighting concept:
- Area light: a light above the dining table.
- Orientation and general light: a bright light that illuminates the whole room.
- Atmospheric detail light: an atmospheric background lighting of the room.
EVERYONE GETS A TASTE
LED LIGHT ABOVE THE DINING TABLE
Your guests should not sit in the dark during a cozy meal, but a dining room that is too bright does not create a mood. The central element of the dining room lighting is therefore a very low-hanging pendulum or hanging lamp. Some installation tips:
- The lamp must match the size of the table so that the whole table is evenly lit.
- Hang the lamp just high enough to only light up the table. About 60 cm above the table top is ideal.
- Make sure the fixture isn't hanging in a way that guests hit their heads or that handing food is a problem.
If you have decided on a glass table or a highly reflective high-gloss table, a low-hanging lamp can become a problem. Then either use indirect light or put a tablecloth on at meals. LED spotlights integrated into the ceiling are very useful: They don't take up any space and distribute the light evenly.
YOUR QUESTIONS QUICKLY ANSWERED
1. Which light color is best suited for the dining table?
Warm white to golden light below 2,700 Kelvin is ideal for a comfortable ambience. If the light is too bright, the food quickly becomes bland.
2. How many lumens are required for sufficient brightness in the dining room?
For LEDs, 470 lumens (40 watts) or 806 lumens (60 watts) are a good choice to put your food in the right light. A tip: Choose dimmable lights. The light can be a little brighter while eating. If the meal turns into a cozy get-together after the meal, you turn down the light a little - and a sociable mood arises.
DINING ROOM LIGHTING TIPS FOR A SOCIAL ATMOSPHERE
The area around the table should not remain pitch black during the meal. Charming islands of light that you spread over the dining room are ideal. Some examples of subtle light sources:
- LED light strips running along a shelf or picture. The smart lights can be conveniently controlled from the table via app and envelop the room in an atmospheric light with color changes.
- LED candles on the windowsill and on other furniture such as chests of drawers and sideboards create a cozy atmosphere.
- A display case illuminated from the inside with LED spots or stripes provides a decorative highlight.
- With clip-in spotlights you can stage your murals in a particularly beautiful way.
- A light ball with dozens of tiny LED lights on the table is a tasteful highlight.
- Also think about seasonal lighting: An LED candle arch on the windowsill in the run-up to Christmas or a hollowed-out Jack O'Lantern pumpkin with LEDs in autumn create a mood.
Put together your own personal concept for successful dining room lighting from the innovative LED lighting! It's guaranteed to taste even better that way.